Samsung's 360 Round camera has 17 lenses
Samsung launched a new camera today called the 360 Round. It shoots, as you can likely infer from its name, 360-degree footage. It's equipped with 17 lenses, including eight stereo pairs that are positioned horizontally and a single lens positioned vertically. The camera and its lenses are water and dust resistant for outdoor shooting and live-streaming. The 360 Round builds on Samsung's prior work with its Project Beyond camera.
Samsung's particularly proud of the fact that the camera doesn't require a fan for cooling, meaning it's quieter and lighter than other cameras. The camera stitches images together to create a virtual environment through included PC software. It goes on sale at some point in October, but Samsung hasn’t announced the pricing yet.
Here are the full specs:
- 17 cameras with 1/2.8-inch, 2MP image sensor and f/1.8 Lens
- Six internal microphones with support for two external mics
- LAN or USB-C connectivity
- 10GB of RAM and 40GB of internal memory
- Up to 2TB SSD, up to 256GB SD card
- Weighs 1.93kg, or 4.25 pounds
- 19V, 21.1A power input